Method of Work
DGIWG Method of Work
DGIWG works as a consensus standardization body to develop standards
and specifications to enable geospatial interoperability. The DGIWG
Plenary acts as a committee of the whole within the DGIWG conference
to a) review requirements, b) propose and approve new work item
proposals (NWIP) for the development of standards or technical specifications,
and c) approve the results of technical work done by Technical Panels
reporting to the DGIWG conference. Documents and permanent lists
of information are maintained by the appropriate Technical Panels.
As stated in the DGIWG Terms of Reference, the major tasks are listed
- Ensure that the vision, mission and objectives are achieved.
- Create, task and disband subordinate bodies and approve their
terms of reference (ToRs).
- Endorse new work items proposed by member nations or subordinate
- Ensure that DGIWG work is prioritized and adequately resourced
by member nations.
- Promote DGIWG work in and liaise with other international bodies.
- Maintain the DGIWG ToRs.
- Encourage member nations to present national technical issues
and develop solutions.
- Identify emerging technological trends and issues.
- Define and maintain the Technical Vision and Development Strategy.